Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Subwoofers! Etc.

In movies it is called LFE - Low Frequency Effects. So don't expect
anything natural. It's only put there to annoy.

Yes, I'm sure. Annoyance is always the goal.

Take away the LFE and these days there wouldn't be much of a movie left.
'Action-movies' at least.

geoff

Apparently! Although the first movie I watched after installing the Polk sub was "Hook", a Spielberg take off on Peter Pan, starring the late Robin Williams. There, the LF info was mostly within the John Williams orchestra score. I didn't fin that annoying at all. So I guess context and abuse are important. I have a friend who calls Action movies "Metal Movies" because of the use of cars, motorcycles, space ships and guns of any sort. She finds their use and misuse to be part of a bigger problem; "why even bother to have movies like that?"

Regards,

Ty Ford