Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Pultec EQP clone problem

On Thursday, 4 February 2021 at 23:29:41 UTC, wrote:
gareth magennis is a total IDIOT wrote:

==================================

** You said *nothing of the sort* - you pathetic bull**** artist.

Got a broom handy - know how to use it?

Oh well, I tried.

** ROTFL !!!!

The only thing this tedious prick " tried " was to bull**** his way out of admitting his massive incompetency.

OK, briefly,

I talked at length to the customer today.
His experience of this "motorboating" was an oscillation around 90 Hz.

** Jesus ****ing Christ - STOP using the wrong names for things. !!

Does a motorboat sound like a 90 Hz tone to you ???
I had an email converation with the company today.
They say they had problems with the first batch of units that would oscillate around 90 Hz when connected to a remote patchbay.

** Absolute ******** !!!
I was incorrect in assuming this mod was to guard against HF oscillations.

** That may be the one thing you got correct.
2. The thing with the added capacitors and resistors is to properly load the output stages, which would solve a buzz you might hear if you run long output cables.

** So it is now a "buzz" - not a motorboat sound.

Sounds *hell of a lot* like " parasitic oscillations " which can be discontinuous.

If so, despite being in the supersonic range may generate an audible buzz at some rate.

FFS leave audio alone, your broom awaits.

...... Phil

Phil,
read this carefully, this is what I said.

I talked at length to the customer today.
His experience of this "motorboating" was an oscillation around 90 Hz.

Do you see the quote marks around motorboating?

I haven't experienced any such oscillations, all I have done is to quote the customer who has claimed "motorboating".

Today I learned that this "motorboating" he experienced was in fact a 90 Hz oscillation.

Your reply to this information was:

** Jesus ****ing Christ - STOP using the wrong names for things. !!

Does a motorboat sound like a 90 Hz tone to you ???

Arguing semantics here is not very helpful, is it.
I know you're better than that.