Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Mat Nieuwenhoven Mat Nieuwenhoven is offline

Default Introducing a New Horse to the Stable

On 14 Oct 2019 18:58:55 GMT, Trevor Wilson wrote:

On 14/10/2019 8:00 am, Mat Nieuwenhoven wrote:

Even a tweeter has already 15-20 microHenry of inductance.

**Not so. I haven't measured one in quite some time, but the EMIT HF
drivers, used in many Infinity speakers exhibit far lower inductance
figures than that. If I had to guess, I'd estimate the inductance figure
to be around 5 X 10^-6H. I'll see if I can locate one to measure. Then,
of course, is the sadly deleted Audax HD-3P Piezo HF driver. And any
number of ELS HF drivers.

Some data from the German magazine "Hobby Hifi", from various
manufacturers:

Omnes Audio AMT50 (Air Motion Transformer): 10 uH/20 kHz
Audaphon APR 1.0, band tweeter: 54 uH/20 kHz
Monacor DT-352NF, dome tweeter: 45 uH/20 kHz
SB Acoustics TW29B, dome tweeter: 18 uH/20 kHz
Scan Speak D3404-552000, elliptical dome tweeter: 18 uH/20 kHz
Tang Band 25-2234SD, inverse dome tweeter: 24 uH/20 kHz

Multiple have a copper covering in the magnetgap to reduce the
increase of impedance at the higher frequencies, and to reduce
distortion.

Mat Nieuwenhoven