Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Trevor Wilson[_3_] Trevor Wilson[_3_] is offline

Default More than 30W per chanel Class A transistor amps

On 7/05/2019 7:47 pm, Howard Stone wrote:
Oh the other thing Jez said to me which maybe he of interest was this

€śThere are speaker fuses at the output which are supposed to be 4A, 5A was found to be fitted. Such high values are unlikely to offer any real protection (2A is more common as a speaker fuse... and does sound bad!) to the speakers but could cause a slight reduction in sound quality. I will be opening it up again to check bias and offset after a couple of days use so if you wish I can bypass them altogether. let me know.€ť

**Fuses are a really bad idea on speaker lines, as a fuse is, in
reality, a non-linear resistor. Therefore, a fuse (any fuse) will
introduce distortion. The lower the value of the fuse, the higher the
distortion.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au