Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Doe[_2_] John Doe[_2_] is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

david gourley wrote:

Balanced and unbalanced aside......

Balanced is cool.

Just curious, do you have another computer where you could briefly
swap this sound system and see if you have the same problem? Or
better yet, with another gamer friend that doesn't have the
problem.

Seems like at some point, you should be able to find and elminate
half the system that isn't causing the problem.

If you can't find out what it is, at least find out what it ain't.

I know, I know. I have been doing PCs since before Windows. I should
be able to figure it out.

I stuck some Apple earbuds in the line output, could faintly hear the
noise, at a lower volume maybe because of the high impedance of the
earbuds.

I can set up another PC. The problem might be the motherboard. I
will try the capacitor on the input trick, first.

--

Thanks to the replies.