Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Doe[_2_] John Doe[_2_] is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

Mike Rivers wrote:

John Doe wrote:

You know I have a soundcard. There is no point in talking
"balanced this unbalanced that" when you know perfectly well
balanced is not available. Or at least you would if you bothered
to read the posts you reply to.

But you were talking about an "HDMI extractor." Does that have a
balanced output? I don't think so. So making a balanced connection
is off the table for you.

I have been reading all of your posts, but some of them don't make
a lot of sense,

Your first reply to my original post clearly ignored practically
everything I said. I could go through each instance, but of course
that's not protocol.

I think it was Scott that mentioned capacitors.

I was trying too hard to give you credit for something.

Capacitors on the input is probably my last attempt at finding help
here. If it works, I might post about it.

Yes, I could post a sound sample. But my description as "an
oscillator" should be accurate enough. I made a tonal voltmeter, I
know what oscillators sound like. And I am sure audiophiles do too.
It is a gritty sound, mostly unpleasant like a kazoo.

It is a high pitch oscillation that varies depending on the display.
I also made another very simple device, a tonal voltmeter with
phototransistor input that varied depending on the object it was
pointed at (for example a TV screen). This sound is sort of like
that, the input is not a phototransistor pointing at the screen but
the pitch does vary depending on the screen.