Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Doe[_2_] John Doe[_2_] is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

Peter Larsen wrote:

You may need one or both of: a bigger psu in the pc and a
set of inline insulation transformers that keep pc's ground
and audio playback systems grounds separate.

Of course trying a bigger power supply is easy. Or maybe an
external soundcard, assuming the noise does not come through
the USB.

No, I don't think [an HDMI pass-through with audio
extractor] is gonna save your day,

It did not. The same noise is present with the HDMI audio
extractor.

I think, but I do not know this, that the supply voltage(s)
in the pc are modulated because of the videocards current
requirements.

I need to look around and see whether this is a common
problem. It should be, considering my circumstance.

Maybe most people don't notice because they use cheap
speakers. Seems strange. Otherwise, a bigger power supply
should fix it. Gamers love big power supplies. I can use a
spare power supply anyway.

Thanks.