Posted to rec.audio.pro,free.spam
John Doe[_2_] John Doe[_2_] is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

Don't take this personally, but...

Have you ever measured how much power your system uses?

Many years ago I bought a $20 wattage meter to find out. Surprise!
Nowadays I always have one connected to my PC. A good use for it
after measuring appliances around the house.

My systems have been in the 100-300 W range, including everything in
the box (minus the monitor). That includes inefficiency/overhead of
the power supply itself.

My current system...
ATX motherboard
Intel i7-6700k
GeForce GTX980

Idle power is usually about 65 W. While in my flight simulator
(X-Plane 11), power is always less than 300 W.

The big power supply thing sounds like a penis size contest. It is
the kind of thing you would sell to non-scientists who need "RGB"
display in and on all their computer stuff. Heaven forbid we have
a trade war with China and can't get RGB headphones.