Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

On 21-03-2018 00:59, John Doe wrote:

fixed microserf email topposting, this is usenet...

I wrote:

INFORMATION:

The JBL LSR305s make great PC speakers, zero noise, except when
playing a flight simulator (X-Plane).

Tried two different video cards, PNY GTX980 and MSI GTX960.
Tried built-in audio and Creative Rx soundcard
Tried a different speaker cable.

The noise corresponds to what is displayed on the screen. It
changes when a menu choice is selected. Sounds like an oscillator.

You may need one or both of: a bigger psu in the pc and a set of inline
insulation transformers that keep pc's ground and audio playback systems
grounds separate.

Neither of my monitors have an HDMI audio output jack.

QUESTIONS:

Should I try an HDMI pass-through with audio extractor?

No, I don't think it is gonna save your day, I think, but I do not know
this, that the supply voltage(s) in the pc are modulated because of the
videocards current requirements.

Kind regards

Peter larsen