Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default "Sound City" movie

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 6:25:19 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 26/02/2017 12:09 AM, wrote:

Neil Young about half-way through
got about as in-depth regarding
digital audio as anyone would,
mentioning an "error" with it that
he didn't elaborate on. Just that
digital wasn't quite what analog was.

Ah yes, his famous total lack of ability to comprehend A-D and D-A and
resultant damning of it. Apart from the Pono, that is ...

Remember when Neil was part of CSN&Y? Remember when Neil wanted several Takes, because HE was displeased with sound quality? No, you don't, because Neil didn't give a crap about sound/audio quality.

He just seen an opportunity to compete against Apple, but failed. Had Neil had ALL of what he offered for Pono, remixed, he might have stood a chance, but he didn't.

Now, let's talk Steven Wilson, who "remixed" a Chicago (group) album. Steven's own music must not be that great (even asked local radio station), so he remixes other's work. Steven does make subtle changes to the stereo mix, and I agree with them. However, now Steven is into remixing Horn bands (via Rhino Records (guess Bill Inglot is GONE).

Actually, I like Steven's work, since he is (sometimes too) conservative, nice to digitally enhance!

Jack