Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Making a mono-from-stereo cable

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"David Looser" wrote in
message
"Iain Churches" wrote

So you want me to stand by, while you cast aspersions
upon one of the most helpful and interesting contributors
to Usenet tube-audio discussion?

Not a chance!

If by "one of the most helpful and interesting
contributors...." you mean Andre Jute, it seems to me
that his intent in posting his original "question" here
was entirely malicious. He asked a question that he
clearly already knew the answer to, and then responded to
the replies in the most obnoxious way.
I cannot understand why you would defend someone who
behaves like that.

The sad news is that I've gone around and round with Iain long enough to
fully understand why he defends Jute.

I defend no one.

I simply pointed out to David that Andre has for
many years been one of the most helpful people on
audio Usenet. I cited an excellent example (which
David carefully snipped) of how I posted a question
about AC ripple in a valve p.s.u. At that time, I had a
slow internet connection with a very small inbox,
which bounced the Excel spreadsheet which Andre
sent me, so he copied it to diskette, and posted it to
me in Finland. He would take no recompense for his
time, the disk or the postage.

That's what I call helpful.

Iain