Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
David Looser David Looser is offline

Default Making a mono-from-stereo cable

"Iain Churches" wrote

Judging from your posting history, I get the impression you
may be fairly new to audio Usenet.

I've been a contributor to various usenet groups since around 1990, but have
"only" been contributing to uk.rec.audio for about 5 years. I don't know
whether that counts as "new".

Also, I don't seem to recall your taking part in discussion
on RAT (rec.audio.tubes) the first group to which Andre's
questionn was addressed.

Well no, because I don't subscribe to r.a.t.

If you had done so, you would know that Andre is one of
the most active and helpful people.

That's as maybe. I was talking about the tone of his responses to the
discussion here, such as:

quote
We have three idiots pontificating about a simple number, which all
three have got it wrong -- but not one of them has bothered to look it
up! But meaningwhile these three morons are smacking their chops in
glee that someone else got it "wrong." How childish. No wonder these
newsgroups remain in intensive care.

unquote

and that was far from the most offensive. Which seems to me to indicate
someone who posted here just to stir up dissent and to allow himself to crow
as he did in the quote above. And I notice that his sig is composed of OTT
praise of himself, which suggests someone who is just a little bit too much
in love with his own cleverness.

I can only speak as I find.

Likewise.

David.