Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Coconuts Coconuts is offline

Default The Death of The MidYut

"ScottW" wrote in message
On Jan 20, 2:26 pm, "Coconuts" wrote:

I'm not too worried about being able to refoam the
woofers.
I hate that I have to cut out the dust caps, but I guess
it's a necessary part of the process.

It's not. You don't have to shim the coils either as some
recommend.
Lay the driver flat and it should be center by the spider.
If not, the spider is damaged and should be replaced.
You should be able to carefully install the foam without
pulling the
coil off-center
without shimming it.

ScottW

hmm. Shimming is recommended. They say that's the way the
professionals do it. You're saying the coil will remain
centered somehow? What's the downside of cutting out the
caps and shimming the coils? There's new caps coming with
the kit. You wouldn't do it?