Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil Nil is offline

Default Comcast NG support goes away 10/25.

On 27 Oct 2008, "Arny Krueger" wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

That's a choice they get to make. I'm oh,so happy since I broke
free of the way they were screwing up Giganews.

Maybe this is a matter of semantics, but I maintain that Comcast was
not "screwing up Giganews". They maybe have been screwing up YOU, but
Giganews's service continued as usual for everyone else. I never had
any problem with Giganew's speed, only with Comcast's authentication.
And I've never heard that there was any general problem with Giganews's
speed, either for their direct customers or for Comcast's. I'd say that
the problem was either a regional one in your area or they were
targeting you personally.

Anyway, it hardly matters now, as Comcast's access to Giganews's
servers seems to be blocked today, probably forever.