Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Comcast NG support goes away 10/25.

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 02:58:32 -0400, Nil wrote
(in article ):

On 26 Oct 2008, "Arny Krueger" wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Comcast also managed to screw up Giganews. Now that I'm using
Giganews directly, a lot of ugly slowness went away.

Comcast couldn't have done anything to Giganews. Comcast's only
interaction with you was your authentication - after that was done, you
were directly in contact with Giganews's servers. But Comcast often had
problems with their authentication server and they'd go through periods
where my logon would take a long time or be rejected. The problems were
sporadic, at least in the Boston area, like, there would be a bad
stretch every couple of months. They never did really fix it, I guess.
But the rest of the time, I found access to Giganews through Comcast to
be very quick and snappy.

By the way, Comcast's news service seems to still be alive. Someone
mentioned that they changed their plan and aren't going to take it down
for a few more weeks.

Nil,

I agree with your assessment. And yes, still here in Maryland this AM.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA