Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Comcast NG support goes away 10/25.

"Nil" wrote in message
On 24 Oct 2008, "Arny Krueger" wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Comcast lost a goodly percentage of my posts to a certain
moderated newsgroup and delayed them all about half a day.

Giganews seems to be more timely and more reliable.

Comcast would lock up their news server for a random amount of
time, usually the better part of minute, every time I posted.
Giganews provides nearly instant response.

Comcast IS (er, WAS) Giganews. Comcast did not run their own news
servers, they subcontracted them out to Giganews. All Comcast did was
authenticate your login - any posting, retrieval, administration, etc.
was all Giganews.

Comcast also managed to screw up Giganews. Now that I'm using Giganews
directly, a lot of ugly slowness went away.