Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Default SE Headphones Amp

"Ian Bell" wrote in message
Ian Iveson wrote:
"Ian wrote in message
Ian Iveson wrote:
Ian wrote:

An open circuit represents zero load, right? So a
high
load
resistance is a low load.

Moot. An open circuit implies 'no' load which could
equally imply infinite resistance.

Why moot? No load = infinite resistance is the limiting
condition of what I said: a high load resistance is a
low
load.

Ian

Moot because zero is not equal to infinity.

A nonsequiter, surely? Neither of our propositions claims
or
comes anywhere near implying that it is. Any statement
that
were to claim so would be not just moot, but clearly
false.

I'm saying that zero is the limiting condition of low.
Infinity is the limiting condition of high. I assume that
you agree. Where, exactly, in our sequence of logical
ruminations above, do you detect a difference between us?

Ian

OK. You said

"
Zero is the limiting condition of low.

An open circuit is zero load

No (zero) load is infinite resistance

OK so far. I said those things.

Therefore zero = infinity

er...why? Wiki is quite good, but long-winded, on
syllogisms. I don't think you'll find that one in the list
of valid forms. I don't think you can rip nouns out, willy
nilly, with impunity.

QED

or not

Cheers