Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default SE Headphones Amp

Just wanted to add a related question. In looking up SE transformers on the net many that quote
inductance do so at a specified dc current. So the difference between a 5W and a 10W transformer
might typically be the 5W has a 10H primary inductance measure at a dc current of 48mA whereas a 10W
type would have an inductance of 15H at a dc current of 64mA.

So my question is, how does the inductance vary with (dc) current. If it measures higher with lower
dc current then if I use a 10W instead of a 5W but with a lower dc current, do I get even higher
inductance because of the lower current?

Cheers

Ian