Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default amp for avantone mixcubes?

Mike Rivers writes:

You shouldn't buy gear with the idea of re-selling it, you
should buy it to use it, and you should get enough use out
of it to justify the price even if you bury it when you're
done with it. If you can get a little money out of it, fine,
but that shouldn't be why you buy gear.

YEp, when I use it up, usually I've used it up g. Except
for recently, as in 2005, Katrina took a bunch of gear away
from me g. I didn't get any money for it either g.

DIY gear really doesn't have any resale value, but then it
doesn't cost as much as commercial gear. Scott was telling
you to buy a couple of $20 speakers rather than spend the
money on the Avantones.

YEp, anything that's a full range driver such as the paging
etc. speakers he mentioned and their cheapo wall enclosures,
the key is full range driver.
That's what I liked about the awfultone cubes back in the
day, they told me what the mix would sound like on a tv set,
or mom's clock radio.

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider
ON site audio in the southland: see www.gatasound.com