west

"kevin g" wrote in message
Billy Boy (78's Rule!) wrote:
I just purchased, supposedly, a Dynaco PAS-3 pre-amp and an ST70 power
amp which were supposed to be in "mint" condition. However, the
pre-amp turned out to be a PAT-5 solid-state model rather than the
PAS-3 toob pre-amp. And the ST70 has weak distorted output in both
channels.

Question No. 1: Is the PAT-5 pre-amp anywhere near as desirable as the
PAS-3? Should I return the PAT-5 and demand a refund?

Question No. 2: If you were me, where would you start troubleshooting
the ST70?

Anytime you buy on ebay ANYTIME you should only ever pay with a Credit
Card. Some sellers allow you to call it in direct for the others make
sure they accept paypal. Paypal is problematic if you are a seller
accepting money but as a buyer USING ONLY A CREDIT CARD not bank account
IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.

That said with a credit card it's a simple matter of calling your credit
card company and having the charge reversed.

As for your win it's up to you but I would return both as one is not
what you bid on and I am assuming the other said mint working condition
so you paid appropriately for it and didn't get no deal for a fixer upper.

Any other ebay related questions you should check out

alt.marketing.online.ebay

Hi Kevin,
What you said on RAT makes a lot of sense. I'm a bit leery of those sellers
who want a money order only. BTW: What if you use a PayPal credit card? Are
they as accommodating? Thanks.
Cordially,
west