Dan Nicotera

As others mentioned the pas5 is no where near the the pas3. Return it and
indicate misrepresentation
of posting.
As far as the st70, if it has the cloth leads on the transformers, has good
tubes, you may want to wangle with the seller. If you have never owned an
st70 before or worked on them then get more info on what you have and then
get some more info before making a decision.
Dan
"Billy Boy (78's Rule!)" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased, supposedly, a Dynaco PAS-3 pre-amp and an ST70 power
amp which were supposed to be in "mint" condition. However, the
pre-amp turned out to be a PAT-5 solid-state model rather than the
PAS-3 toob pre-amp. And the ST70 has weak distorted output in both
channels.

Question No. 1: Is the PAT-5 pre-amp anywhere near as desirable as the
PAS-3? Should I return the PAT-5 and demand a refund?

Question No. 2: If you were me, where would you start troubleshooting
the ST70?