Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Behringer B212XL

Gareth Magennis wrote:

Paul, you will hear a lot of **** from people whose gut response is to hate
Behringer. Do not listen to these people.

Well, you'll hear two kinds of ****:

First of all you'll hear people who complain about the quality of Behringer
products, and I personally can't say much either way about that. As far as
I can tell they make some decent stuff at a price point and they make some
very poor stuff at a price point too. You could say the same about a lot
of manufacturers.

But secondly, you'll hear people who complain about a lot of unsavory
business practices that Behringer engaged in 25 years ago when he was
first getting started. I think those are worth listening to. You can
decide for yourself how to respond. Some people take the attitude that
these things happened a long time ago and the company is very different
now, which is true. Some people take that attitude that even though those
thigns happened a long time ago, the same people are still in charge, which
is also true.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Behringers - you could spend
a lot more and get much nicer speakers such as a couple of EV's, or spend
considerably more on a pair of RCF or QSC's, but I dont think you want to do
that just now.

I haven't used those Behringers. I haven't been very impressed with their
small PA stacks, but then again I haven't been impressed with much else at
that price point either.