jeffc

"MZ" wrote in message
I suggest you publish these results then.

I just did.

I'm talking about a peer-reviewed publication. Let's see if your
methodology passes the reviewers.

I really don't care. I didn't post it for publication and I never will. I
posted it as a general help, just like all help here. If you don't want to
believe, don't. I truly could not care any less.

It would be groundbreaking news.

No, it wouldn't.

Well, considering there aren't any peer-reviewed publications that make
the claims you've made, yes it would.

Sure there are. You just aren't an agreeable peer, that's all. "Peer review"
is a joke, because your definition of "peer" is "someone who already agrees with
me." There are *tons* of "peer reviewed" audiophile publications that make the
claims I have. (Not that I agree with most of them, but the peers of the author
do.)

If you want to know the details of 2 tests that I did (I did many more, but
these are the only 2 significant ones where I found a difference):

- first was a comparison of Adcom GFA-555 with GFA-545, level matched to output
voltage. Blind, technically not double blind, but the effect was the same - I
couldn't see the amps, I couldn't see the tester, and the tester was using
random numbers to hook up the next amp. I named the amp that was being used in
10 tests, 100% correct. The difference I noted was a slight difference in sound
of a few cymbal hits/brushes on the Sheffield drum test record. I preferred one
over the other. I can't honestly say I know which one was more realistic,
because I wasn't in the room when the recording was made.
- second was a comparison of a home JVD cd player (about $400) and a Sony
portable CD player (about $100). Sorry, don't remember the models. Same setup
as above. Again I picked I matched the sound to the player 100% of the time.
It turned out to be the Sony I preferred, which I found a little surprising.

I've also tested many other amps, cd players and cables. I can't honestly say
I've ever heard any difference in any of the good audiophile cables my dealer
sent me home with. That's true even when I knew which cable was in there and
how much they cost, try as I might. I also remember trying to determine the
difference between a $1000 Bryston amp and a $400 amp (can't remember which one)
and again couldn't do it.