Trader

Well I agree with everything you wrote. However, there are many here who
believe that amps all sound the same. This doesn't make sense because how
could an amp with a superior circuit design and premium parts sound the same
as a RadioShack special. I've personally have auditioned many amps on my
Klipschorns and can testify that all amps don't sound the same. I don't buy
into the theory that distortion is what I'm hearing because even at moderate
levels I can hear a substantial difference. I'm sure that some speakers are
not revealing enough to hear much of a difference but with Klipschorns you
hear everything that is present. My Father in-law is an engineer and he has
a cheap Bose system and it sounds like ****. He laughed when I bought a
tube amp for my Klipschorns and thought that it couldn't possibly sound
good. Well it sounded amazing although I still prefer my SS amp. But yeah
believe what you want and buy the low-end gear if it makes you happy.

"jeffc" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
Like I said to begin with, believe it or not, weight is a pretty decent
indicator of quality (including power output and headroom.) Of course,
we're
not talking about tube amps here.

Having said that, check out this. Again, search on "weight"
http://www.stereophile.com/amplificationreviews/875/
Heh heh.