Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Default Alan Blumlein on radio tonight

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:
I suspect the mics' polar patterns weren't of the finest.

"Polar patterns"? They were probably omnis. (And, yes, I know that omnis
don't necessarily have the same on- and off-axis responses.)

Omnis? This is THE Mr. Blumlein we are talking about here, you know.

Forgive me. The brain must be in another country. As someone who made many,
many Blumlein recordings, I don't know how I could have made such a mistake.

I think what I was thinking of was the shuffler.