MZ

Check your newsreader, Rod. I didn't write what you attributed to me.

"Rod" wrote in message
news
in the traditional spot, firing backwards right behind my rear seats
in my trunk

Traditional?!?!? You mean crappy? You'll get a 3-6 db increase by
moving your sub box all the way toward the back of the trunk firing
directly at the back of the car. Dynamatting the back wall of the
trunk (lower part of trunk lid) helps a lot as well.

This position has been proven to prevent all the bass wave cancelling
that can occur in your "traditional spot".

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:24:03 -0500, "MZ"
wrote:

What kind of car? Where are the subs located? What's the box like?
Where
is it positioned?

"George" wrote in message
news
I have had a few different setups over the years but one thing seems to
always stay consistent: I've always had to boost the bass on my head
unit
in order to get decent output from my subwoofers. Right now I have a
Pioneer DEH-P2600 which has 2.2V preouts hooked up to a DEI D1200.1 amp
and a pair of Infinity Reference subs. I need to have the 40 hz region
EQ on my HU maxed out at +12 dB or otherwise I can't even tell I have
subs.

I've had other setups with completely different components and I have
the
same result. A lack of bass without any boost. I keep reading about
other folks who get sufficient bass output while everything is
flat so I don't understand why my systems require a big boost.

Can someone suggest why this may be the case? I plan on getting a more
expensive subwoofer in the near future and I don't want to be pushing it
unnecessarily if I can help it.

Thanks,
George