George

OK, I think I solved the problem. It seems the remote gain knob was
somehow attenuating the output. I simply unplugged the knob's cord from
the amp and reset the gain. Now everything seems much better and I don't
need 12 decibels of boost.

Thanks for your help, guys. Much appreciated.

George

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:21:58 -0500, Scott Gardner wrote:

Well, when you used the voltmeter and measured 600W at the amp's
outputs, did it SOUND like six hundred watts going into a pair of
twelves? If not, you may have been using the meter incorrectly, or
there could be a phasing problem with your subs. Are you sure the
impedance of your subs at 50 Hz is 2 oms? If it's not, that could
throw your meter readings off significantly.

Scott Gardner