Scott Gardner

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:18:24 -0500, George
wrote:

The gain could be too low even if I used a voltmeter to set it to the
subs' recommended RMS ratings?

George

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:12:27 -0500, MZ wrote:

Yeah, you may want to try repositioning the box around in the trunk to see
if that helps. But I suspect it's just a matter of gains. This is not
uncommon. The gains for the other amnps are just too high compared to the
gains for the sub amp.

Well, when you used the voltmeter and measured 600W at the amp's
outputs, did it SOUND like six hundred watts going into a pair of
twelves? If not, you may have been using the meter incorrectly, or
there could be a phasing problem with your subs. Are you sure the
impedance of your subs at 50 Hz is 2 oms? If it's not, that could
throw your meter readings off significantly.

Scott Gardner

--
Scott Gardner

"I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bull****." (Mel Brooks)