gregs

Default Help! How do I connect a tweeter array

In article , Kalman Rubinson wrote:
1- Why are you using 2 tweeters? One good one will give better
results and create fewer interference problems.

2- Standard parallel crossover designs consist of separate LP and HP
portions and there's no reason one cannot use an 8ohm LP filter for
the LF/MF driver and a 4ohm HP filter for the tweeter(s),

3- Off the shelf crossovers rarely work with off the shelf drivers.
Successful designs are matched.

4- In general, putting 2 drivers in parallel is preferable if
necessary.

5- Consider getting/reading Dickason's Loudspeaker Cookbook.

I would agree on everything but maybe not the parallel thing. I think
the poster might explain exactly what he is trying to create, for what
purpose, and some idea of the required dispersion, and sound pressure levels.

greg