Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Stephie Bench Stephie Bench is offline

Default McIntosh using 8005 triodes as output

Hi John,
The unity coupled circuit and its variants has always intrigued me. Over the years, I have probably concocted a half dozen or so of them. Generally work out well, but I always came to the same conclusion: the performance was always tied to the characteristics of that complex transformer, and you could always get equivalent performance more conventionally.

Nice implementation using the 8005. Thanks for the Crowhurst revisit. He was one of my early heroes. I always anxiously awaited my Radio Electronics subscription in the hopes of finding a Crowhurst article.

Stephie