Posted to comp.sys.mac.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Recommendations for Computer Speakers?

Jolly Roger said:

Frequency response: 31Hz - 20kHz

And if you think that means anything you're an even bigger idiot than I
thought. It's marketing fluff.

Now you've stooped to name calling... you must be proud.

So how many +/- dB do you think the spec is ?
I'll bet you didn't even know that a frequency response figure without dB
limits was meaningless did you ?

Nope, I did not know that, but I do know one thing: In your mind, not
knowing makes me an idiot.

You're the one who quoted the specification as if it were meaningful. If
you don't know how to interpret it, why did you quote it to begin with?

I disagree that your error makes you an idiot. To get your Idiot Star™
for that post, you'd have had to go on to state explicitly that the quoted
specs were impressive or some such. But don't let Poopie's bad temper put
you off learning. He's a little whacked. He takes personal affront when
'ppl' make posts that show a level of knowledge inferior to his own. If
you want to find out what kind of non-idiot Poopie is, just ask him how he
can be so daft as to dismiss the man-made component of global warming.