Posted to comp.sys.mac.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Jolly Roger[_3_] Jolly Roger[_3_] is offline

Default Recommendations for Computer Speakers?

In article ,
Curmudgeon wrote:

OP here . . .

OK, I'm officially impressed. I've been trialing these guys with a very
demanding piece, B. Bartok's Cantata Profana for Tenor, Baritone, Double
Chorus and Orchestra, Sz 94 (The Nine Splendid Stags), and all I can say
is "Wow!" The imaging is truly fine, and the detail's more that I could
possibly have expected from "computer speakers" (no matter how much they
cost me).

The sound is still a bit strident, but assuming that they will settle in
with use, I think I'll be very satisfied with this system.

Well good. That puts me at ease. After all the elitist audiophile talk
about how crappy these speakers are, I was a little afraid something
must be wrong with my ears and you'd be sorely disappointed.

I find it interesting that the only two people who have actually heard
these speakers in person are the ones who like them in the end. That
says something to me.

Anyway, thanks again for following up. : )

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR