Posted to comp.sys.mac.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Recommendations for Computer Speakers?

Howard Brazee said:

Yes, and the meaning of the word "decent" in this context is subjective
at best.

I'm somewhat loath to agree with Poopie B'ar, but isn't it a stretch to
say the converse of "decent" is "total crap"?

I've always thought "decent" was closer to "barely acceptable" than to
either extreme.

To me, it connotes averageness, which is broader than that.

When someone knocks at your door and asks if you are decent, it is to
see if you are adequately covered - not dressed up.

Does that work in Canada?

Looking at a few dictionary definitions I see "enough to meet a
purpose" is the one that fits his query the best.

That's a bit loopy. Do the speakers in subway cars "meet the purpose"?
Most of us say they do not.