Cyrus

Bob Cain wrote:

Jedd Haas wrote:
My HR824's have worked well for about 4 years. Recently, both speakers
have had the woofer cut out entirely. I found that cranking the volume for
a moment or two seemed to "unstick" the woofer and get it going again. (As
the volume is cranked, the woofer emits bursts of sound, as if struggling
to come on, hence my description of "unsticking.")

Check the bass rolloff switches in back. They can get
intermittant and "microphonic" in a raggedy sort of way.

Bob

To the OP: While you're playing with switches, try reseating any
connectors/switch and switch back any switches/hit any buttons and bring
them back to the position they were in.

I'm with the camp that its something in the amp. Usually speakers either
work or don't work.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*