Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Expert on economics needed!

A month ago, I observed that President Dumbya was prostrating hisself to get
the Saudis to open the oil spigots wider. Scottie Witlessmongrel, Economics
Eckthpurt, advised me that Bushie was wrong, wrong, wrong:

Saudis can't increase delivery of anything but heavy sour oil.
There is no available refining capacity for that grade.
So what would be the point?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/msg/ea93eb3e4216017a?hl=en

Farsighted Scottie knew the Prez was headin' in the wrong di-reck-shun and
made no bones 'bout tellin' us so. But wait -- what happened today? The
NYTimes tells us this astonishing story:

Plan Would Lift Saudi Oil Output to Highest Ever
Saudi Arabia, the world’s biggest oil exporter, is planning to
increase its output next month by about a half-million barrels a
day, according to analysts and oil traders who have been briefed
by Saudi officials

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/14/business/14oil.html?hp

I wonder why Dumbya kept after the Saudis instead of listening to Wise
Scottie Terrierdork. Can somebody who knows this field explain this shocking
development?