Posted to rec.audio.tubes
gjsmo gjsmo is offline

Default Using thyratrons for an amplifier

First, let me say that I know almost nothing about amplifier design,
and tubes in general. However, I'm interested, and ready to learn.

I have recently gotten two 760/6858 mercury thyratrons from a local
electronics shop which is going out of business. There's a data sheet
here - http://www.classiccmp.org/rtellason/...a/760_6858.pdf

Would it be possible to make these into a push-pull guitar amp of some
sort? They're quite big, and I imagine I might be able to get a few
hundred watts out of it. A bass amp might also be interesting. I
realize that they are thyratrons, not meant for audio use, but can it
be done? And if so, how well would it work?