Quan Tran

Default stereo amplifier - Denon PMA-1055R or which one ?

The 1055 has two power transformers (one for each channel), the 655
has only one for both channels. Two transformers are considered to be
better than one. I guess they sound quite similar.

I have a Denon 735R (older version of 1055R) and I am satisfied.

Stereo amplifiers nowadays rarely have a digital input. Most
multi-channel receivers have.

(Henrik2000) wrote in message . com...
Hello. When looking for an stereo amplifier around 250 USD, i found
Denon's PMA 1055R and PMA 655R. My criteria:
- many inputs (loved to have digital input, too)
- volume and input switch changeable by remote control
- to stereo speaker circuits that can be turned on/off individually
- amp is used 12 or 14 hrs most days (mostly on low levels)
- watts not relevant
- i am not a sound gourmet
- i'd love to have power exits
- headphone plug would be nice with volume control.
Now the two Denons do not fulfill all this. Who has some experience
and can tell me differences (except for watts and power plug on the
back)?
Which other amps should i consider? Saw Sony ones, but it was not
clear if the two pairs of speakers can be switched separately. Saw
Yamaha ones, but they looked ugly with a strange front panel (hiding
some switches?). What else would you recommend? Thank you!