I had the Alpine M-350, Nice amp. Can't say anything bad about it.
Small size, great performance, reasonable price, and good sound
quality. Phoenix gold is always good, but you may want to take a look
at the JBL BP600.1. They have been discontinued, so finding a great
price is easy. They run 300RMS@4ohms and 600RMS@2ohms, and it sounds
great. It may be a little tough to find, but it will be at a blowout
price, and I perfer it over the alpine. And as for Kicker amps, they
kinda suck. The power ratings they publish are mostly peak, and the RMS
ratings blow, and as for quality ... well, I wouldn't suggest it.