Posted to rec.audio.pro
kooz

Default I'm looking to rent an ARP 2600

Sorry JD, price is something I can't help you with. However, I will
advise you that whomever might rent this piece (provided you can find
one for rent) to you will probably want you to insure it as well for
the duration of the rental, in case something should happen while you
have it in yr posession.

Brampton, eh? used to live there, many MANY years ago...I barely
recognize the old 'hood when I drive thru lately.

Where is the studio? When you say SW Ont, is that London, K/W,
Windsor, Sarnia, Chatham...??? Another possibility for locating this
piece is by asking the house/staff engineer...unless that's you.

JD wrote:
Thanks, I work in Brampton so I have access to those resources.
I know it's a lenders market, but any idea what a fair price might be
for a month? Something to tune my spidey senses to?
JD

kooz wrote:
Hi JD -
this may be a toughie, but I'd start with the rental houses in
Toronto...Coll Audio in Markham comes to mind. When talking with 'em,
ask for the numbers of people who might still have an ARP in their
personal collection. After the rental houses, I'd hit the music stores
with decent keyboard depts., like L&M and then Steve's...perhaps even
their recording dept's could help point you in the right direction.
Good Luck

JD wrote:
I'm in the south western Ontario area and need it for about a month for
studio work only. The keyboard player I'm working with has on that was
used for almost 15 years on the road but it has finally given up the
ghost as the oscillators drift badly. All responses are greatly appreciated.
JD